In Part 6 of The Extension series, which follows the build of a side and rear extension, we see the joists and steels slotted into position in preparation for the removal of a load bearing wall at the back of the house.
The wall is being knocked out to extend the existing kitchen and create a kitchen/diner on the ground floor and an additional bedroom on the first floor.
This episode includes:
- Cutting joists to fit the steel beam
- Spacing the joists out with noggings and the challenges associated installing joists and steels.
- Using Strongboys to support the outer and inner skin at the same time
- Trimming the existing floor joists so they can sit in the web of the steel beam
- Cutting out the brickwork
- Lining up the holes of the two steel beams
- Bolting timber on to the steel beam for the jiffy hangers
- Expansion joints
- Using jiffy haners/joist hangers
This episode features products from: Evolution; Snickers Workwear; Milwaukee; Fein; Bosch; Arbotech; Stabila; Ecotherm; Teco and Rhino Scaffolding.