Mercedes-Benz has revealed its first pick-up truck – the hotly anticipated Mercedes-Benz X-Class which will be available in Europe from November at a price of 37,294 Euro.
The Mercedes-Benz X-Class is said to push the boundaries of the modern pick-up – designed to be used as a rugged, all-terrain pickup but also as a vehicle for urban lifestyles and families.
The Mercedes-Benz X-Class at a glance:
- The Mercedes among pickups: The Mercedes-Benz X-Class is said to unite the typical traits of a pickup – robustness, functionality, strength and off-road capabilities – with the classical characteristics of a real Mercedes – design, comfort, driving dynamics and safety.
- Brand characteristic SUV design: With the centrally positioned star, twin-louvre radiator grille, honed bonnet and headlamps extending far into the wings, the X-Class seamlessly fits in to the Mercedes-Benz portfolio.
- Premium effect: There are three trim parts for the cockpit, six seat covers including two leather variants with contrasting topstitching, and two colours for the roof lining provide the widest choice of materials and colours in this vehicle segment.
- A pickup to suit different lifestyles and work environments: The PURE basic variant is designed for classic robust use, PROGRESSIVE for higher requirements in terms of quality feel and comfort, and POWER as the high-end variant for urban lifestyles.
- Individualisation on account of a diverse range of Mercedes-Benz accessories: As from its market launch, customers can add a styling bar, side bar, canopy, various covers as well as numerous cargo and off-road solutions – all developed and designed by Mercedes.
- Enjoyable performance with four and six cylinders: As from its market launch, customers can choose between the common rail diesel X 220 d (120 kW/163 hp) and X 250 d (140 kW/190 hp) as well as a petrol engine (122 kW/165 hp) in selected markets. A top-of-the-range V6 diesel (190kW/258hp) will be released mid-2018 occupying a leading position in the segment.
- Driving enjoyment on a par with passenger cars: Thanks to the wide track, the spring and damping system tuned for the comfort typical of a Mercedes, and the coil springs as well as internally vented disc brakes on the front and rear, the X-Class is said to offer off-road and on-road performance.
- All-wheel drive for any surface: The engageable 4MATIC all-wheel drive with low-range gearing and optional differential lock on the rear axle masters any terrain. From the middle of next year a permanent all-wheel drive will be available.
- Star safety: The X-Class features exemplary passive and active safety equipment including: Active Brake Assist, Lane Keeping Assist and Traffic Sign Assist, among others.
- Intelligently connected: Thanks to Mercedes me connect, X-Class customers are connected to their vehicle via smartphone at all times and can call up useful information such as the location of the vehicle or the fuel level, and navigate from door to door.