Research by DeWALT has shown that modern tradesmen and building contractors undertaking repetitive drilling and fastening work, require tools that offer reliable and powerful performance, a compact design, and ease of control. DeWALT has therefore expanded its XR 18V Lithium-Ion Brushless portfolio with the introduction of the DCD791 Drill Driver, DCD796 Hammer Drill Driver and DCF887 Impact Driver.
Improved power and speed of application
Improved power enables a faster speed of application, and the completion of high torque applications.
The length of the Drill Drivers and Impact Driver has been reduced by 7mm and 6mm respectively allowing easy navigation around small and tricky spaces with minimum fuss. They are also ‘Guaranteed Tough’ to withstand the constant rigours of the jobsite, avoiding costly downtime.
Greater work area visibility
The LED light on the base of the DCD791 Drill Driver and DCD796 Hammer Drill Driver is angled for reduced shadow around the work area. The highest of the three switch positions provides a 60 lumen output with an impressive 20 minute delay, delivering greater visibility and productivity on site.
Variable impact control for light to high speed applications
For greater control, operators of the DeWALT DCF887 Impact Driver have access to three different control settings, including ‘Precision Drive’. A first for a DeWALT tool, this mode is suitable for delicate screwdriving applications. It gives users the optimum amount of turning force, avoiding over-driving screws, splintering, or damage to materials, bits or fasteners such as brass or machine screws.
By contrast, the high speed impact setting offers users market leading torque and speed of application to ensure that they have all of the performance they need to get even the heaviest applications completed quickly.
- Brushless motor for less servicing and downtime
- Optimised tool length – reduced by up to 7mm
- Super bright*, focused LED light with a three-position switch (Low – 2 lumens, Medium – 18 lumens, and High – 60 lumens)*
- Three-mode impact selector with ‘Precision Drive’ for light screwdriving, Speed I for standard impact applications, and Speed II offering up to 207Nm for high torque applications**
- Compatible with DeWALT XR 18V 2.0Ah, 5.0Ah and Bluetooth battery packs
* DCD791 Drill Driver and DCD796 Hammer Drill Driver only
** DCF887 Impact Driver only