After 25 years of Stihl, Roger gets to grips with his first chainsaw from Makita, the Makita DCS5121 18″ 50cc. The chainsaw features Easy Start, Spring-Assisted Starter for Quick Starting with Less Force and a number of other unique features. Watch the product test to see Roger’s verdict.
Features of the Makita DCS5121 18″ 50cc include:
– Compact design with less weight (only 12.3 lbs.)
– Large dual spike bar for increased productivity.
– Touch & Stop single lever control shuts off engine with just a touch.
– Slide-out baffle can be configured for efficient cold weather operation.
– High power-to-weight ratio 3.3 HP engine.
– Two point durable inertia/mechanical chain brake.
– Engineered with smooth rounded surfaces for easy cleaning and operator comfort.
– Large fuel and oil tank openings with S-form caps for easy operation.
– Chain compartment is easy to clean and clears chips away efficiently.
– Advanced Vibration Dampening System engineered to reduce vibration.
– Lateral chain tensioning for easy adjustment.
– Adjustable automatic chain lubrication for efficient operation.