The Code of Practice for single lap tiles now requires every tile to be mechanically fixed but roofing merchants will tell you that they sell a lot more tiles than clips, which suggests that roofers are not doing the job to code.
The implication for the homeowner is that Insurance companies will refuse to pay out on storm damage claims if they find the clip has been omitted from new roofs.
Insurance companies will refuse to pay out on storm damage claims if they find the clip has been omitted from new roofs
In this episode Roger looks at the Redland Innofix, the revolutionary new tool-free tile clip.
Simple to fix, with less tile breakage and quicker than ever to install, it’s said to be Redland’s strongest clip yet, and suitable for all UK exposures under the new BS5534:2014.
Claims about this product include:
– The quickest ever clip to fix – up to 40% quicker than traditional clip and nail
– Tool-free – simple to fix
– Unique clip magazine – tangle-free installation which can mean significant reductions in wastage on site
– Redland’s strongest ever clip
– Five sizes available to suit all Redland concrete interlocking tiles
– Colour-coded for error-free identification
– Suitable for all exposure zones
– Rust-proof – lasts the lifetime of the building