In this series of videos Roger Bisby explains how to build an extension by taking viewers through the build of a side and rear extension on a semi-detached property.
In this latest episode – episode 9 Roger tries out a rapid drying screeding product from Ardex which is said to offer the following features:
- 90 minute working time
- Walkable after 8 hours
- Passes the BRE Screed (ISCR)
- Test in as little as 24 hours
- Install ceramic tiles in as little as 24 hours and natural stone after 7 days
- Install resilient and wood floor finishes in as little as 7 days
- Apply as a bonded, unbonded or floating screed
- Can be used with underfloor heating systems
- Can be pumped for fast application
- For internal and external use, including wet areas
There is plenty of useful information about how to build an extension in this series for builders, self-builders, apprentices and even home owners who want to understand more about the building process.
Building standards, regulations, practices and products are constantly evolving and throughout the series Roger provides updates on latest standards and introduces latest products and practices as well as sharing lots of tricks of the trade.
The series also calls on the expertise of masters in their fields including bricklayer Mark, whose bricklaying has earned him widespread praise and expert carpenter Robin Clevett.
The series is ongoing. Subscribe to the Skill Builder YouTube channel to keep up-to-date.